Thursday, July 15, 2010

What animal am I? Riddle Poem


I’m just an innocent insect
With tiny legs and tiny wings
I fly about in a very special mission
To locate this very tasty thing.

I sneak into your houses
Like a ninja, quick and dark
See me zooming in and out
Forever beating my own mark.

Buzz, buzz, buzz, I buzz around your eyes
Around your mouth and your ears
Irritating you so much
You want to break into tears.

Oh My God!
I so love this wonderful taste
That enriches me, and fattens me
None of it should go to waste.

The feeling stays in your skin
Even after I’m long gone
The prickling on your epidermis
Is a task easy to get done.

Oh, and the little present
That I always leave behind
Think of it as a “love-bite”
A reminder in your body and your mind.

That is my job, what can I say
To annoy you humans to no end
And that I hate my daily activities
Is something I’ll never pretend.

An so I continue
Being on and about
Wait! What are you doing?
You must be kidding, no doubt.

Now just wait a second!
Get that away from my face!
No! Please! I beg for mercy!
That would be a total disgrace!

That’s what you get
You think, for being a pain
But I have to disagree as I dive
Like a out-of-control plane

And while falling from the heights
I just think to myself
Was it worth it? Would I change anything?
Hell no! Always keep true to yourself!

3 comments:

  1. I like it, but not the bug. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a boring poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I liked it. But a bit too long. It ends up boring the reader if they have a shorter attention span.

    ReplyDelete