Friday, July 9, 2010

So this is me...

I'm posting now two poems I wrote about myself. Hope you like them :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

POEM 1

Autobiography

Carolina ♥
Gorgeous, trustworthy and smart,
Sister to Maere, Sophia, Lors and Alice,
Known for talking, reading, and drawing,
Love, friendship, and amazement are her companions,
Failure, loneliness and regret should be banished for life,
Teacher to preschoolers and proud Honors Program student,
Ready for graduation and ready to travel the world,
Loving Eau Claire and missing Monterrey ,
Rodríguez

POEM 2

Carolina, Carolina

Carolina Carolina
That is my name,
I come from México
But I like it here all the same.

I have four sisters,
And a father and a mother,
They are very sweet and caring
And not at all a bother.

I am cheerful, I am gorgeous
I love reading and drawing,
Going to coffee shops for coffee
Or having time for shopping.

Here and there,
Sometimes I'm like a parrot
Being all chattery and stopping
Only when eating something like a carrot.

I am still a student
But I’m also a teacher,
And I love teaching to children
Who are, by far, the most wonderful creatures.

I would like very much
To travel the world long and wide
But if I'm not able to finish
I'd like to say I tried.

So this is me
And none of it is untrue,
I'll see you some other time
And so, 'til then, adieu.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it, folks.
Over and out.

6 comments:

  1. very Nice Poem *_*
    I
    Deserves this trophy I
    __I__
    IIIII
    -----

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot!! 6:30am inspiration striking :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Inspiration strikes at funny times. :)

    I love how CONFIDENT your poem is. The word choice you used does not show hesitation. You don't "think" you're gorgeous, you "are" gorgeous. You were right when you said you had a strong voice in writing, because I can almost hear you saying this as I read it. I think its cool that you are developing a voice in English. Lets so how much you can grow this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Thanks a lot Kim!! I'll sure be working hard ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is the good poem about you and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, just the way you are. You are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete