Sunday, July 25, 2010

Madison, Madison, Madison... ♥


MADISON WAS SOOO COOL!!

That was one great weekend we had at the beautiful city of Madison, capital city to the very green and "cowish" state of Wisconsin. This city is super antique and has lakes everywhere around it, it looks gorgeous, as you can see in the picture to the right. Here I'm at the shore of one of the three lakes (God knows which one).

Actually, Avent got hit on the back of her head when she was having her picture taken just like this, only she wasn't holding the pole of the sail like me. You must have seen us in slow motion: me holding the camera and seeing the pole coming right behind her head because of a sudden draft of wind, opening my mouth to warn them and the the "thud" of the pole hitting her head... thank God it was nothing serious.

The place is up to the brim with cool things to do, to see and to buy, let me tell you. I got on the first day a couple of cute things; also the restaurants all look so good!! We had dinner at a Japanese restaurant on a street corner on the second floor. The place was called "Wasabi" and I was unfortunate enough to figure out that I really, really don't like wasabi...urgh... but my sushi rolls were great and Su's udon was also good (she had pity on me and allowed me to try it) Yum, yum.

After hours of wandering around, we slept at this hotel/conference center/thing. Our room was great: two enourmous beds with tons of pillows and cuchions and sheets and coverlets!! I slept so well that night after watching a bit of TV with my roommate Su...

The next day, was kind of hurried at the begining; we had breakfast from 7:30am to 8:00am, if I'm not mistaken. Then we left of to go to the Capitol. Two words: super amazing. The place was incredible, almost like a palace, and I had tons of fun listening to all of the explanations and sitting on all those very confotable chairs, hehe.

After that, we went to the Wisconsin History Museum (?), and had a great time looking at all the exibits. But by the time we finished, my dogs were barking so bad I just wanted to sit to never, ever stand up again. But fear not my friends, for this girly girl kept on walking looking for great sales on Park St. (?) and got lots of things, several Wisconsin themed ones and other more normal ones. But just let me tell you, those were a lot of bags, and after tons of walking in the sun and carrying my bags all I wanted was to sit down. And when I had just decided that I was going have a Starbucks and stay in the cool inside this coffee shop, I bumped into Fa, who told me that a bookstore was giving books for free on the next block!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I ran like possessed, and managed to grab 25 books, inclusing a thin one with poems. That made me so very, very happy. I was all giddy by the time we got to the hotel, and I'm still giddy looking at all of them, neatly stacked in the book shelf in my room...

Over and out!

2 comments:

  1. this is a good report, you must work for
    CNN or BBC since you have the British Accent:0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a blast in Madison!!! SO many books--OMG :) Your blog looks amazing--I hope you keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete