Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First days on UWEC!!

So, I finally got to University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire... after a couple of mishaps here and there.

Off the bat, I have to say I'm very happy here. And I'm ecstatic about whom are my new roommates and the fact that they are all girls and that I can talk to them easily and with confidence. My nearest neighbor is Wanitcha Wannasook aka. Fa; she's from Tailand and loves tai food, so she has to get up earlier than I do to prepare her tai breakfast. On the other side of the apartment are Aventia Wilona aka. Aven and Luo Xiaoqiu aka. Susan or Su. Aven is from Indonesia and has a pair of the cutest Kero Keropi flip-flops. On the other hand, her neighbor Su is from China and I adore the way she says the word "comfortable". We all get along really well, so I think I'll be enjoying my time here in Wisconsin very much, even though it will be a short time.

Though, not everything has been completely dreamy. I mean, my pillow is only so so, and we don't have a microwave or a toaster in the apartment. I know it can sound very silly, but back home I sleep with two big fluffy pillows and three very soft cushions: I guess it's just more comfortable. And about the toaster and the microwave, well, what can I say: I eat toast almost every single day several times a day and the microwave is very, very, but very convenient. I miss them, but I'll survive.

But, don't be sad for me, for I am trully happy to be here. And best of all, all my teachers are vey nice and approachable and I'm looking forward to go to every single one of my classes and to go on all the trips that have been planned for us to go!! (Don't tell any body, but I´m really looking forward to the Mississippi River trip).

See ya later.
Over and out.

5 comments:

  1. hey.. I am one of your roommates! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of late to give some comments but i think you are doing great with roommates, but tell us more about Eau Claire ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, I'll be including that a bit later :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. "my pillow is only so so"

    I am totaly agree with that<<<>>>

    ReplyDelete